[MAIPC] thank your senators for supporting environmental laws

phytodoer at aol.com phytodoer at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 05:58:11 PDT 2018

Forest pest mavens,

I have posted a new blog at www.cisp.us or www.nivemnic.us
In the blog, I report that 38 senators have sent a letter to the Farm Bill conferees stating their opposition to provisions in the House version of the Farm Bill that would gut the Endangered Species Act, Federal Insecticide, Pesticide, and Rodenticide Act, and NEPA.
Please thank them!

Also, an Ohio forestry official thinks he has detected beech leaf disease in trees in Youngstown - about 80 miles southeast of the infestation in the Cleveland area.  This shows that the disease continues to spread.  The recent meeting of the National Plant Board - in Cleveland! - did not address beech leaf disease.

(To learn more about beech leaf disease, visit my blog from May or Google it.)

Faith