[MAIPC] Native grass for horse grazing?

Kathleen Seiler kdseiler at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 07:42:30 PST 2018

Also, check out SARE.org <http://sare.org/> (Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education) - great source!  The Envirothon has used its info for years;  this year’s current issue is about grazing lands, and info from SARE is on the Advisors’ resource list again this year.  Most material is free!

And of course, to be aware of any black cherry trees nearby - wilted leaves contain cyanide compounds that will sicken/kill horses, cows, etc.  Prunus serotina should be removed from  all nearby pasture areas, to be safe.

Kathy Seiler
Blue Ridge Summit
PATC

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."  John Burroughs