[MAIPC] Conservation Bill in PA

Nathan Hartshorne nshartshorne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:12:57 PDT 2018

Hi all,

This is not invasive species specific legislation, but I thought you'd find
it interesting.  Sorry it's only PA, but it's an issue we face in all our
states, and it very much impacts invasive species management.  The bill is
designed to prevent eminent domain from being recklessly used on
permanently preserved land.  I'm no expert on the subject, so there may be
issues with the bill, but that's the gist of it.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2017&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=2468

Introduced by a few Republicans, which I only mention because that means it
has a better chance of becoming law in PA and so it is more noteworthy.

Best,
Nathan Hartshorne