[MAIPC] Emerald Ash Borer Workshop, National Arboretum, Washington DC - July 10, 2018 Tuesday (9:00-2:30p)

Jil Swearingen jilswearingen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:46:31 PDT 2018

 Dear Forest and Invasive Species Management Professionals and
Practitioners,

*Emerald Ash Borer Workshop*

*An Integrated Approach to Managing the Invasive Emerald Ash Borer **Using
Biological Control and Systemic **Insecticides to Protect North American
Ash Resources*

July 10, 2018 (9:00am to 2:30pm)
National Arboretum, 3501 New York Ave., NE, Washington DC 20002

The National Arboretum and Forest Service invite you to attend the Emerald
Ash Borer Workshop. National and regional experts will share their most
recent findings on EAB biology and management with an emphasis on
biological control - including a field release of EAB parasitoids at the
arboretum.

*Registration is required*.
<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/NationalArboretumUSDA?season=2431902&session=38849206>
*Please click the blue "Registration is required" link to
register online.  **Please register by June 30. **Registration fee is $10.
Optional lunch $12. **(You must pre-order lunch; pay at workshop). **Lunch
will be catered by Green Plate Caterers.  Or bring your own lunch. *

*If you have problems with the online registration, please email me to
reserve a spot. You can pay at the workshop.

AGENDA

*Deb McCullough.  Using What We’ve Learned to Manage Ash & EAB.*

*Roy van Driesche. Overview of Biocontrol for Insect Pests.*

*Jian Duan. Biocontrol of EAB* - Progress and Challenges.

*Houping Liu. Pennsylvania EAB update.*

*Colleen Kenny. Maryland EAB update.*

*Lori Chamberlin. Virginia EAB update.*

*Trent Dicks. Chemical Control of EAB Using Insecticide Injection.*

*Chris Carley. U.S. National Arboretum efforts.*

*Alan Whittemore. *Genetics of *Fraxinus *in eastern U.S.

*Ben Slager. EAB parasitoid rearing, field release permit and request. *

*Jian Duan. Field releases of EAB parastoids.*

The Emerald Ash Borer (*Agrilus planipennis*) is one of our most serious
invasive insect pests and has killed millions of ash trees from Michigan to
Maryland.  It continues to spread into the Southeast.  However, all hope is
not lost.  Uninfected ash trees, resprouts, saplings and seedlings can be
protected with help from biological and chemical control, providing
opportunities for ash forest regeneration and restoration.  This workshop
will provide urban forest managers, park managers, land managers,
landowners and others with the latest information on how to protect ash
from EAB infestation using integrated pest management.

I hope you can make it. Please help spread the word about this workshop. If
you have any questions, please email me.

Thank you,

Jil

Jil Swearingen
Invasive Species Consultant