[MAIPC] Invasive plants and climate change

Ossi, Damien (DOEE) damien.ossi at dc.gov
Thu Jan 31 07:10:03 PST 2019

Question:  What, if any, invasive plant species appear to be spreading into the mid-Atlantic due to climate change?  I know there's been talk of southern magnolia and other species that are native to just south of here starting to naturalize in our area, but I'm more interested exotic invasives.

What invasive plants are common in southern Virginia or northern North Carolina that we just don't have in our area, but could move here with warmer climates?

Thanks,
Damien

Damien P. Ossi
Wildlife Biologist