[MAIPC] [Maipc-brd] Call for Abstracts (Please Spread the Word)

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Jun 19 05:19:43 PDT 2019

Hi non-native invasive weed  warriors. Here are some potential themes that need updates;

1.	Control of Japanese Stilt grass by reducing deer to a natural density , typically 20/square mile as Catoctin Mountain National Park has done with managed hunts.
2.	Success in restoration of opossums that control deer ticks and lyme disease the primary invasive that keeps people out of parks or even in their back yards, as in Greenbelt Maryland.
3.	Has anyone found major kills of any invasive species including Japanese Honeysuckle, fig butter cup, beef steak plant, porcelain berry, etc. etc. If so we can report it to research agencies and universities etc. for research into a potential native bio control.
4.	Winter success stories such as all the Japanese Honeysuckle up the trees.
5.	Ther are many, many more potential themes to present at the annual MAAIPC fall Conference In Juniata College, PA, Aug 4-6. Please pick your own . Marc Imlay