[MAIPC] FW: [Aliens-L] IAS and shipping

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Mon Jun 17 04:51:44 PDT 2019

A primary tool to control non-native invasive species is transportation across borders, so I would like to share an international discussion that just occurred. Including our very own Faith Campbell. Marc

Hi Steve,

ISSG hold some data on species introduced through pathways related to shipping; of course the two primary ones are through Ballast water and as Hull fouling organisms. Let me know if you want this info. There are no details but you can refer back to journal articles

There is also WRiMS- World Register of Introduced Marine species <  <http://www.marinespecies.org/introduced/> http://www.marinespecies.org/introduced/> where pathway info is available

Best wishes

Shyama