[MAIPC] Literature on impacts of invasive plants on game wildlife?

Nathan Hartshorne nshartshorne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:33:33 PST 2019

I think the fact that invasives are typically producing significantly more
fruit/seeds than natives is a clear impact.  That said, it also depends on
how palatable the leaves are during the non-fruiting season. One of our
presenters at our last conference had really good research on what deer
ate, both what and how much of it.  I cannot remember the name.  I do
remember noting how japanese honeysuckle is loved by deer (in the
research), and at my restoration sites, after a couple years, it grew
really heavily inside the fences.