[MAIPC] Lyme disease from deer ticks

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Sun May 10 04:45:53 PDT 2020

Hi outdoor mavens,

I got my first seasonal tick 3 days ago.  Here is information about permethrin. I was out in the field almost every day last year and got no ticks. Permethrin is not in Deet.  It lasts for 2 weeks. BUT  do not spray it on your skin! Only on your clothes the night before. I buy mine at ACE hardware. Marc

Marc Imlay

There are several good tools to use to reduce Lyme disease from deer ticks. None of the tools are great. but the accumulative impact of using all of them can be great. For example,

1.	Managed hunts to reduce deer to a natural density (20/square mile in Maryland)

         2. Tick tubes.

3. Proper use of permethrin insect repellent.

4. Vaccine research.

5. Bring back the native opossum,

6. Persuade everyone to check themselves daily for ticks.

7. Get rid of Japanese barberry and Asiatic Bush Honeysuckle from your yard and natural places.

8. Unique herbal formulas after 3 month infection.  http://mdinvasives.org/iotm/may-2018/