[MAIPC] Plant Invaders book reprint: gauging need of the membership

Ossi, Damien (DOEE) damien.ossi at dc.gov
Mon May 18 08:52:18 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

The board of the Mid-Atlantic Invasive Plant Council is planning to order a reprint of the Plant Invaders of Mid-Atlantic Natural Areas<http://www.maipc.org/PlantInvadersMidAtlanticNaturalAreas5thEdition.pdf> book.  This will be a straight reprint not a new edition, although it will include a few updates to species nomenclature. Acknowledging that budgets are stressed this year, I'm trying to gauge interest in creating a large printing run to reduce costs.

Mount Royal Printing has quoted the following for various print run sizes:

*        5000 books: $190/carton

*        10,000 books: $138/carton

*        15,000 books: $121/carton

*        One carton is 50 books.  Minimum order will be one carton.

*        Shipping (UPS Ground) per carton is $20.  Pickup at Mt Royal (Baltimore, MD) is no charge.

*        Our last reprint run in 2017 was ~12,000 books.

Please respond to info at maipc.org<mailto:info at maipc.org> if your organization might be interested in and able to purchase one or more cartons in the next 2-3 months  and how many cartons you estimate you might be purchasing.  Please do not respond to the listserv unless you have questions that might interest the membership.  This is not a request for orders; that will follow in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Damien
Secretary, Mid-Atlantic Invasive Plant Council

I am currently assigned to the COVID-19 response at the District's Emergency Operations Center and have limited availability for DOEE projects. I can still be reached at damien.ossi at dc.gov<mailto:damien.ossi at dc.gov> or 202-741-0840

Damien P. Ossi
Wildlife Biologist
Fisheries & Wildlife Division
Department of Energy & Environment