[MAIPC] What *is* MAIPC up to???

Muth, Norris (MUTH) MUTH at juniata.edu
Wed Jul 17 17:43:40 PDT 2024

What *is* MAIPC up to???

Quite a lot actually, however, as most people interacted with us through our bigger meetings and workshops and through the listserve here, it's understandable that people might wonder what we're up to. Since COVID, we moved some workshops online, but we haven't had any big in-person events. We're building up some leadership and capacity for that and hoping to have some concrete plans soon, probably for an event in the spring. Stay tuned!

As far as the listserve, that relies on people using it really, and in the ever more dynamic digital landscape, the listserve admittedly isn't getting as much traffic. Of course, we're undoubtedly all more interconnected than ever, but not necessarily through the MAIPC listserve to the degree we once were. That's arguably not really a bad thing. I'm just glad we're all connecting out there, by whatever means. (And I want us to be able to meet up in-person as well, as noted above).

The board members have all been very busy native bees, as are we all, as the excellent do-gooders they all are. The welcome uptick of activity in our region at the state and prism-level has had the effect of giving many of the board members more work than what we were used to doing at the MAIPC level, usually without extra people to do it. That helps to explain why there have been fewer big MAIPC umbrella activities at the same time as there have been many many more activities around invasives in the region in general. Which, again, I'm glad all that work is happening!

In the spirit of staying connected and doing more good things, everyone with interest and capacity is welcome and encouraged to bring us your ideas, energy, and support!

Be well, do good work, and stay in touch.
Peace, love, and pancakes.

Norris (current MAIPC president)

—

Norris Z. Muth, Ph.D.