[MAIPC] Native meadows

Brian Campbell bmc at kinlochfarm.com
Fri May 22 14:16:25 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of converting some fescue pastures to native
wildflower/grass meadows. I use glyphosate to kill off each pasture 3
times (spring-autumn-spring) then seed it. I understand that flushes of
dormant weeds (foxtail, oxeye daisy) are common during the meadow
establishment.

Biennial thistles (e.g. bull thistle) are showing up in amazing numbers
following our 1st seeding. Should I devote as much energy as possible to
killing thistles in our native meadows or will they decrease once the
native plants get established?

Thanks to everyone who uses & contributes to this mailing list!

--
*Brian Campbell*