[MAIPC] [Maipc-brd] Garlic Mustard scarce this season, in 2018?

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Thu Jun 14 19:07:37 PDT 2018

Today with volunteers we have finished bagging all the adult garlic mustard over the usual 500 acres of urban and suburban parks in Maryland that I lead the charge on. A few were removed too late. There were many, many, more adults than last year. One reason was that in many cases there were no juveniles around because the seed bank performed go for broke. Another reason was that in a few areas, I had not sprayed mono-cultural patches of juveniles in time in 2017. I will do that sooner this year.

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell   <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
 <http://www.pgparks.com/> www.pgparks.com