[MAIPC] triclopyr and glyphosate

Scott Baron baron.scott at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:01:24 PST 2018

Good morning, invasive fighters.

I have a couple of questions for which I can't find a definite answer.

1) Is there a minimum air temperature for effectiveness of triclopyr and
glyphosate?  I've heard of temperatures of at least 40 or 45F for
glyphosate and I think I read 50F (10C) for triclopyr.

2) Does anyone know if (triclopyr and glyphosate) "go bad" after reaching a
certain temperature in storage?

I see that Garlon 3A (triclopyr) should be stored "above 28F or agitated
before use."  Aquaneat (glyphosate) should be stored "above 32F to keep
from crystallizing.  If allowed to crystallize, warm to 68F (20C) and mix
well or recirculate to redissolve before using."  Does anyone have anything
to add?

Thank you,

Scott Baron
Gaithersburg, Md.