[MAIPC] spotted lanternfly

Richard Gardner rtgardner3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 15:02:38 PDT 2018

Today I found the spotted lanternfly on wild grape vine on the AT, Rt. 183 south between Rt. 183 and the Ft. Dietrich-Snyder monument, Bethel Township, Berks County, PA. The SLF was on no other plants. I can send photos if you want. This is my first sighting on the AT, although I have found them near the AT uphill from Shartlesville.
I already entered the observation in ImapinvasivesPA, MAEDN and Inaturalist. Photos will be sent to Bugwood tomorrow.
                                                       Richard Gardner